Things to Do Before Sending Your Son or Daughter Off to UW-Whitewater
- Make sure all immunizations are up to date. Please fill out the immunization form by logging into the MyUHCS portal on the left hand column. For current immunization recommendations pelase see http://www.uww.edu/uhcs/health/immunizations.html.
- Write down a list of current health care providers and counselors and their addresses and phone numbers; all medications; drug allergies; and health history for your daughter or son to bring to campus and keep. Include a wallet card of emergency contact information.
- Pack a first aid kit with Band-Aids, thermometer, tweezers and non-prescription medications your daughter or son uses. Also send along at least enough prescription medicine for one month and a self care book with a symptom decision tree.
- If there are special medical or psychiatric needs, have the appropriate release of information forms signed and the practitioner's report sent to UHCS (form available on our website at http://www.uww.edu/uhcs/brochures/ReleaseofInfo.pdf). Please relate chronic illnesses on the Health History form on MyUHCS portal. This transition time may not be a good time to change medications, especially psychiatric medication. If your son or daughter wants to continue allergy shots at UHCS, ask the allergist to send your student's diagnosis, written instructions, and the allergens to UHCS.
- If you currently have health insurance for your daughter or son, send along a copy of the card and check the following:
- How is non-emergency care in the Whitewater area covered?
- How many credits does your student need to take to be covered?
- What is the upper age limit for your student to be covered?
This site is not meant to replace the advice of a health care or counseling professional. You should not rely on any information on these pages, or information generated for you by this site, to replace consultations with qualified professionals regarding your own specific situation. Some links take you to a source outside of UHCS. The owners of that site, not UHCS, are responsible for the content.
Last Updated: 06/21/13