Why Do Undergraduate Research?
- Boost your success after graduation by developing transferable career skills.
- Understanding the context of situations and decisions
- Understanding issues and developments and their implications
- Communicating effectively, orally and in writing
- Analyzing and solving complex problems
- Collaborating with others in diverse group settings
- Innovating and being creative
- Locating, organizing, and evaluating information from multiple sources
- Learn technical skills in your area of interest.
- Increase your likelihood of acceptance into graduate programs.
- Develop professional networks with students, faculty, and staff.
- Earn financial support in the form of stipends or funds for research-related expenses.
- Travel funds to regional or national conferences for presentations
NOTE: Research is conducted in all fields of study. You do NOT need to be a science related major in order to apply.