UW-Whitewater University Handbook

Last policy revision: 9/10/03


SOURCE: Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs

All grade changes (including Incomplete and Progress changes) must be submitted on the official Grade Change form available at the departmental office. For security purposes, the Registrar's office can accept grade change forms only from the faculty member in person or by mail. This form must specify the reason for the change and must be signed by the department chair.

If grade changes are submitted after the first five weeks of the semester* the dean must approve the grade change.

Incomplete or Progress grade changes during the normal make-up periods do not require department chair or dean approval. However, if an extension of time has not been submitted by the faculty member prior to the deadline when the grade for an "I" or "P" is changed to an "F", both the Department Chairperson and the Dean of the College must sign the form. If an "I" or "P" has lapsed to an "F", it cannot be changed back to an "I" grade.

A terminal grade (A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, D, D-, F, U, NC, S) recorded at grade processing time cannot be changed to an "I" or "P" grade. If a re-evaluation of the student's work warrants a change, the grade should be changed to the new terminal grade through the procedure outlined above.

*Summer School is considered an extension of second semester.

UWW Web Development Team-UW Whitewater
For comments: reicherr@uww.edu.
Last Web revision on June 25, 2007 by CMW.
URL: http://www.uww.edu/uwwhdbk/0044j.htm