Policy & Procedures
Tools & Resources
Web Accessibility Implementation Plan & Timeline
All official University web pages should be made accessible using the UW-W Web Accessibility Standards at the next significant redesign or major revision of the web page, or according to the phases listed below, whichever comes first. Web page developers are encouraged to begin incorporating accessibility practices as soon as possible.
OTEC Training Services and the Learning Technology Center (LTC) will incorporate the UW-W Web Accessibility Standards in all Web development related programs and trainings by Phase III.
A. One year from implementation date of this policy, the following web pages should be compliant with the UW-W Web Accessibility Standards:
- UW-W home page
- Second level pages (landing pages)
- Admissions Office
- Registrar's Office
- Home pages - Colleges
- Documentation for Email, D2L and WINS
B. Two years from implementation of this policy, the following web pages should be compliant with the UW-W Web Accessibility Standards:
- Department pages - Colleges
- Administrative Affairs
- Academic Affairs
- Student Affairs
C. At the beginning of the third year, the Web Accessibility Committee will convene to:
- Review the progress of Phases I and II;
- Review the campus Web Accessibility Standards;
- Consider any changes in federal and state legislation; and,
- Consider the standards recommended by the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
Additionally, that committee will review the following web pages to assess whether they
can and should be made accessible:
- Adhoc units on campus
- Web pages required for coursework participation (to the extent practicable)
Furthermore, the Web Accessibility Committee will assess progress on integrating Web Accessibility Standards into all web design courses and web page training workshops. That committee shall produce a report containing an assessment of progress and recommendations for changes to this policy, and forward that report to the Web Advisory Group (WAG) for its consideration.