Enrichment Opportunities on Campus
Come see a play and make it a day!
There are many opportunities for you and your students to experience educational and cultural activities on the UW-Whitewater campus. In addition to attending a Horizons performance, you can arrange for your students to visit the Crossman Art Gallery or attend a classical music performance - all without leaving the Center of the Arts building! You can also arrange for your class to take a campus tour.
Crossman Art Gallery
Located in the Greenhill Center of the Arts
- Monday through Friday from 10 am - 5 pm
- Monday through Thursday evening from 6 - 8 pm
- Saturday from 1 - 4 pm
- Gallery Office phone: 262-472-5708
Group tours of exhibits may be arranged by calling the gallery office; please make your tour plans well in advance.
MUSICAL ENCOUNTERS CONCERT SERIES
Light Recital Hall (Greenhill Center of the Arts)
- I'm With the "Banned" Music Censorship: A Burning Question: Tuesday, October 15, 2013, 9:30 am-10:00 am
- Musical Masters of Deception: Monday, April 7, 2014, 11:15 am-11:45 am
Reservations must be made in advance! Call 262-472-1432 for more information.
- Tours are offered weekdays (when school is in session) at 10:00am and 2:00pm. Saturday tours are also offered at 10:00am and 11:00am. Walking tours last about an hour. Prior to the tour, a professional member of the UW-Whitewater Admissions staff will provide admission criteria and other general campus information. It is also possible to get specific questions answered following the tour. Call 262-472-1460 for more information.
- Visit one of the restaurants in our new University Center or one of our other dining halls on campus for a great selection. Call 262-472-1161 to arrange for a group meal card in advance! There is a café located in the Greenhill Center of the Arts that can accommodate small groups and serves a selection of salads, made to order sandwiches, coffee and snacks. There is limited space available for school groups to eat bagged lunch. Teachers must arrange this by calling 262-472-1432 at least four weeks in advance of a performance.
- Visit the recently renovated Milton House (nearby on Hwy 26) designated a National Historic Landmark by the National Park Service for its role in the Underground Railroad. Call 608-868-7772 to arrange for a group tour.
- Have a picnic at Starin Park!
- Visit area restaurants.