Come Be Amazed!
- Special Events
GROUPS - Deadlines
May 11, 2015 - September 25, 2015 - Arts4All funding support applications due. This program is for school groups only.
October 9, 2015 - Deadline to make unlimited reservation adjustments.
8 weeks prior to each performance:
- Deadline to make a one-time reservation adjustment of up to 20% of your order
- Payment deadline for school groups of 200 or more
- Cancellation deadline
4 weeks prior to each performance:
- Payment deadline for small school groups (10-199) and home schools
- Deadline to request special needs accommodations (including ASL)
PERFORMANCE DAY DETAILS
- All performances are held in the Young Auditorium.
- Reserved parking is available for school buses. Home school groups may park in lot 1 or lot 2 adjacent to the auditorium.
- Performances are approximately one hour long unless otherwise noted.
- The performance company suggests the recommended grade levels in this brochure. Please use your own discretion when selecting a show for your group. With the exception of shows listed as PreK, we do not recommend Horizons shows for children younger than four-years-old. No babies in arms will be admitted to Horizons School Matinee Series performances! Regardless of age, all attendees must have a reserved seat.
- Inclement weather policy - If we are forced to cancel a show due to a weather emergency, we will inform your school as early as possible on the morning of the show and you will have the option of attending the show on another date, if rescheduled, or accepting a credit for another Horizons performance. If your school is officially cancelled or bus service is cancelled due to a weather emergency, you will be offered a credit for another Horizons performance. In the event that the show is not cancelled and your school/bus service is not cancelled, you will forfeit your payment if you do not attend. Refunds will not be issued for paid reservations.
All events, dates, and times are subject to change. We have limited space available for school groups to eat lunch. Requests for lunch space must be made in advance and are subject to availability.
The Horizons School Matinee Series and arts education outreach programming is funded cooperatively by the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, participating schools, grants from the Dorothy Remp Elmer Children's Arts Outreach Endowment, and partnerships with the National Endowment for the Arts and the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, in addition to various public and private institutions. Young Auditorium is a non-profit organization under Section 115 of the Internal Revenue Code. No state tax revenue supported the printing of this document [in it's printed form].
John F. Kennedy Center Partners in Education Program
The Young Auditorium and School District of Janesville are members of the Partners in Education program of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts Washington, D.C. Selected because of their demonstrated commitment to the improvement of education in and through the arts, the Partnership Team participates in collaborative efforts to make the arts integral to education.
Shannon Dozoryst/Ext. 1432
Coordinator of Education & Outreach
930 West Main Street
Whitewater, WI 53190
Come Be Amazed!
- Special Events