Vision and Goals
Administrative Affairs is a comprehensive and diverse entity within the University. Each unit within the Division:
- Delivers value-added customer services.
- Values and responds to customer needs.
- Uses effective priority setting, resource management, communication, current technologies and best business practices.
- Remains current with external regulations and interprets them to all stakeholders.
- Recognizes that employees are the most important resource by promoting employee participation and by providing employees with training and career development opportunities.
- Recognizes change as a process critical to the development of the institution, leads in participatory change, and supports worthwhile change in other units.
- Participates in the learning process by providing students with valuable work experiences and by educating students on becoming responsible citizens.
- Make state-of-the-art technology and software available to all division staff, as appropriate, and assure those who use the technology are provided with the proper training to maximize its benefits.
- Ensure that each unit in the division has a well-developed plan to provide opportunities for employees to enhance their knowledge and skills, to improve their performance, and to develop professionally.
- Institute and administer a process that ensures all division activities and processes are developed, administered, and evaluated in the context of their effectiveness in providing quality value added service to the customer.
- Ensure that each unit in the Division has a well-developed mission, vision, and action plan that is consistent with the division's mission and goals and articulates its role in implementing the University's strategic plan and goals.
- Work with each unit in the Division to develop and administer processes to conduct a thorough and periodic assessment of its services.