Elections to the Academic Staff Assembly are held the spring of each year. Representatives are elected for two year terms. (Click here for information on the roles and commitment of the Academic Staff Assembly and academic staff in shared governance.) Academic Staff Assembly members and Academic Staff may vote electronically using "SelectSurvey". The link to the electronic ballot will be sent via email to all academic staff.
Alternatively staff may choose to vote by paper ballot. To request a paper ballot, contact Academic Staff Assembly Chair , Denise Ehlen (x1956, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Only academic staff may vote in the Assembly elections.
If you have questions concerning nomination and election activities, contact Academic Staff Assembly Chair, Denise Ehlen (x1956, email@example.com).
2015 Elections and Balloting Committee Timeline
- Wednesday, 11 March 2015: Notice of Election and Application/Nomination Form approved for distribution to all eligible academic staff.
- Wednesday, 1 April 2015: Nominations submitted to Denise Ehlen, Academic Staff Assembly Chair, by mail to 1201 Hyland Hall or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic and paper nomination forms submitted by 3:00 pm.
- Wednesday, 8 April 2015: Electronic ballot released. Staff may contact Denise Ehlen, Assembly Chair, to request ballot link or paper ballot.
- Friday, 17 April 2015: Electronic and paper ballots submitted to Denise Ehlen, Assembly Chair, by 3:00 pm.
- Wednesday, 22 April 2015: Ballots tallied and election results reported to/ratified by the Academic Staff Assembly.
- Friday, 24 April 2015: Nominees notifed of election results.
- Wednesday, 6 May 2015: Newly elected Assembly members participate in first meeting.