Committee Function and Membership
Participate in the audit and review of undergraduate academic departments and programs, academic support programs, and activities of the University, in fulfillment of University of Wisconsin System requirements. This responsibility includes:
- establishing and following the cycle, and, scheduling and conducting of the department and program reviews;
- developing the format and content requirements for department and program self-studies to be submitted for Audit and Review Committee review;
- establishing a rubric (and periodically evaluating and improving its effectiveness) for Audit and Review teams to use in reviewing and reporting on department and program self-studies;
- appointing Audit and Review teams for conducting each department and program review;
- reviewing and reporting on the value and efficacy of the Audit and Review process and results;
- notifying departments and programs of all the above in a timely manner.
Form an Audit and Review team to conduct each specific audit and review, such that: (a) the team shall consist of at least two elected Audit and Review Committee faculty members, (b) the elected Audit and Review Committee faculty members shall constitute the majority of each specific audit and review team, and (c) the specific team may include person(s) from inside or outside the University with expertise in the department or program area.
Make reports of audit and review, each of which shall include discussion of:
- quality of existing activities, staff, facilities and equipment, and budget;
- demand and need for the program reviewed;
- anticipated future developments which may effect either of these subjects;
- recommendations for changes in the program as warranted by the review.
Provide all reports and recommendations of this Committee, to be used for information purposes, to the Faculty Senate, the University Curriculum Committee, the Academic Develpment Committee, the Faculty Budget Committee, and the Office of Academic Affairs staff.
Undergraduate A&R Committee Membership
- Three faculty members elected by and from each undergraduate college.
- Three at-large faculty members who may be from one or more colleges, elected by all University faculty.
- The committee chair will be one elected Audit and Review Committee member, elected by the Audit and Review Committee members.
- Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs or designee
* For a current list of committee members, see the Faculty Senate Committees webpage.
Graduate A&R Committee Description/Membership
* For a committee description and current list of members, see the University Committees webpage.
Three-year staggered terms (with 1/3 voted in each year).
The Committee reports to the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.