Partners in Education
Header Image Component Alt Text

Your UW-Whitewater Transcript

Unofficial Transcripts
Before requesting your official transcripts, please check your unofficial transcript for any errors first. To review your unofficial transcript:

  1. 1. Log into WINS
  2. 2. Select “Student Center”
  3. 3. Under Academics at the top, click on the drop box section and select “Transcript: View Unofficial”, click on the go button to the right
  4. 4. Under “report type”, select “Unofficial Transcript” and click “go”

If you have questions or problems about requesting your official or unofficial transcript, please contact the registrar’s office at 262-472-1570 or

Official Transcript Requests
A UW-Whitewater official transcript is a complete record of a student's enrollment at the University and is maintained by the Registrar’s Office. An official transcript includes all undergraduate and graduate courses; this includes high school PIE courses and Youth Options courses.

Instructions for ordering transcripts

Requesting PIE Credits from other Colleges and Universities after High School
The credits you receive for your PIE course(s) are eligible to be transferred to other University of Wisconsin system campuses, colleges, and universities. However, college policies differ and handle credit transfers by a case by case basis. It is best to contact the school’s registrar or admission office to know how your PIE credits will transfer.

  • If you apply to the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, you already have a permanent transcript at the University and will not have to transfer any credits. When applying to UW-Whitewater as a first year student, be sure that you mention in your application that you’ve already completed course work at the University.
  • If you apply to another college or university, Visit the “Transfer Information System” ( to see how your PIE credits will transfer to other Wisconsin System Campuses and technical colleges. For specific details on whether or not your PIE credits will transfer, contact the school’s registrar or admission office.

Types of Credit Recognition
Recognition of UW-Whitewater credits earned through PIE can come in several forms:

  • By successfully completing a comparable course through PIE, the college can exempt you from taking a required course
  • Placement into a higher level course
  • Transfer of credits to fulfill elective, general elective, general education courses

Tips for Securing Credit Recognition

  • Clearly indicate on your college applications that you have taken course work at UW-Whitewater
  • Send your UW-Whitewater transcript
  • If a college has questions about your PIE course(s) you have taken, present a portfolio that includes your course syllabus, written assignments, and exams to the chair or direct of undergraduate education for review
  • If your transfer of credit is still denied, please contact the PIE office for assistance.