Summer Session
Header Image Component Alt Text

Important Information


Graduate students may enroll in undergraduate courses and be charged undergraduate fees without changing their admission status. Students will receive undergraduate credit and a grade for these courses, but cannot request a change to graduate credit at a later date. Grades earned will not be computed into the student's term or cumulative grade point average. Transcripts will indicate: "Undergraduate credit earned, no graduate credit awarded." Students taking a combination of undergraduate and graduate courses in one term will be charged graduate fees for all courses. Courses numbered 500-799 may be taken at the graduate level only.


Add or drop, withdraw and refund deadline information, is available on the Registrar's Website



You will receive information regarding your UW-Whitewater email, Net ID and password in a letter from the Admissions office after your admission form has been processed. Before logging into your UW-W email account or WINS (UW-Whitewater's web-based self-service student information system) for the first time, go to the  UW-Whitewater home page, click on WINS, then the setup your password link on the left.


You can access the WINS system to make changes to your schedule, pay your tuition using a credit card, and view your unofficial transcript. After setting up your password according to the instructions above, return to the  UW-Whitewater home page and choose WINS (upper right), then log in using your Net ID and new password. Contact the Help Desk if you need assistance: or (262) 472-HELP.


Online courses are accessed from the Canvas link on the home page using the same Net ID and password used for WINS. Students should check their UW-Whitewater email regularly as some instructors may send information prior to the start of the course.


Grade reports are available via WINS or the Registrar's Office; they are not automatically mailed. Grades are generally available to students one or two days after the official ending date of each term. Information about requesting grade reports or transcripts can be found at the  Registrar's Office website.

UW System Complaint Process