Scholarships & Awards
The Fischer Scholarship Program is supported by a trust fund established by Professor Warren Fischer, who along with Mrs. Rose Fischer, taught for many years on the UW-Whitewater campus. Grants have been awarded from this fund each semester since 1978. The Fischer's goal was to improve the quality of geographic education.
Information regarding the Fischer Scholarship Program can be obtained by contacting the Department of Geography, Geology & Environmental Science in Upham Hall 120 or calling (262) 472-1071.
- Must be a full-time student (at least 12 units throughout the entire semester) during the semester that the scholarship is in effect.
- Must be a declared major or minor in geography;
- Be declared in one of the education curricula
- Each semester schedule must include at least one Geography course until either the geography major or minor has been completed.
- For scholarship renewal, applicants must:
- Be enrolled in at least one geography course each semester until the major or minor is completed
- Have completed 12 units toward the degree during the preceding semester including at least one geography course
- Maintain a grade point average necessary to remain in good standing in their education curriculum
Download the Scholarship Forms