Bachelor of Arts Requirements

  • Foreign language waiver based on high school courses
    Students who graduated from high school before 2012 may waive the requirement with 2 high school years of the same foreign language.
  • Request for personalization: 300/400 level coursework
    6 units of upper division course work (300/400 level) from the arts, humanities or social science fields of study. These courses may not be from the department of the student's major or minor. They may not be used in a student's University Requirements. All 6 units may be from the same subject.

Retroactive Credits in Foreign Language

  • Request For Retroactive Credits in Foreign Language Form
    To apply for retroactive credits, students must earn a grade of B or better in their first college level language course (numbered 142 or above, or Japanese 102 or above). They are then eligible to apply for retroactive credits for the courses below the course completed. UW-system transfer students are also able to be awarded retroactive credits based on their transfer coursework.

Request for Overload of Credits


(see the University Forms section for application information)

  • Graduation Checklist
    This is not an official graduation check, rather it is an advising tool to review a student's record for graduation. The form should be kept in the student's advising file.

New Race & Ethnic Studies Minors Interest Form

  • Interest Form
    If you are interested in one of the new minors or are interested in receiving additional information regarding one of the new minors, fill out the following information. 

University Forms

Academic Standards





  • Undergraduate Degree/Major/Minor Change Form
    Students should complete the form and take it to their current major office. That office will release the advising file to the student to take with the change form to the office of the new department.


College of Letters & Sciences
Laurentide Hall 4100
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
800 W. Main Street
Whitewater, WI 53190-1790

Resources For

Faculty/Staff Contact

Office of the Dean
Rebecca Reichert
Phone: (262) 472-1621

Student Contact

Advising Office
Phone: (262) 472-1550

Follow Us

  UW-W CLS Meet Your Faculty blog