WebEx is a virtual conferencing software tool, that lets you collaborate -in real-time -with people for whom it would be impossible, or inconvenient, to gather in one place for a traditional, face-to-face meeting. WebEx is web-based, so there is no software to download and install, or configure. For video WebEx walkthroughs visit the video walkthrough site, or read the walkthrough guide.
Contact Nick Ciesinski in iCIT to set up telepresence sessions (email@example.com) or receive an email with the telepresence phone number from the session creator.
Once you create a telepresence session or are asked to join a telepresence session, you must
1. Reserve 4300A by contacting Nadia Freie (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Call the number provided by the session administrator.
c. VoIP Conferencing
1. During a call, press the More soft key and then the
Confrn soft key to open a new line and put the first
caller on hold.
2. Dial the number of the next person.
3. When the call connects, press the Confrn button
again to add the new party to the existing call.
d. Spider Phone
There is a Spider phone located in ITSCM department as well as the Dean's Conference Room (HH 4301). Simply plug the network cable into an active jack and the Spider Phone will activate after 30 seconds. Detailed instructions can be found in the quick reference guide.