The Internship Process:
The Internship for credit process consists of four parts:
1) Secure an internship, the resources below show a compiled list of internships both listed through UWW (HawkJobs) and those not listed.
2) Meet with Dr. Garrett Smith, bring a hard copy of internship description and responsibilities. Complete the internship form. Obtain Departmental and College Approval.
3) Work at least 150 HRS on the internship during the semester of credit. Complete for the first four weeks of the internship an activity log.
4) Write and submit (or film) a statement of reflection.
The Corporate Perspective
The Student Perspective
For internships already listed through HawkJobs follow the above link and use the reference number provided to have access to the listing.
The listings will be updated approximately every two-weeks. You are encouraged to search Hawkjobs for additional positions which may be close to experiation.
Robert W. Baird & Co.: Internship-Operations
HawkJob Reference #: 60250
ETF Model Solutions, LLC: Finance Intern
HawkJob Reference #: 60490
Generac Power systems Inc.: Financial Planning and Analysis Intern
HawkJob Reference #: 60891
Marine Credit Union: Financial Sales Intern
HawkJob Reference #: 60920
SVA Plumb Wealth Management, LLC: Student Finance Internship
HawkJob Reference #: 60935
Uline: Finance Internship - Paid Internship
HawkJob Reference #: 60956
Uline: International Finance Internship
HawkJob Reference #: 60951
State of Wisconsin Investment Board: Securities Analyst Intern, Public Equities
HawkJob Reference #: 61267
State of Wisconsin Investment Board: Securities Analyst Intern, Public fixed Income
HawkJob Reference #: 61268
Direct Supply: Business Venture Intern
HawkJob Reference #: 61290
Direct Supply: Finance and Accounting Intern
HawkJob Reference #: 61291
Footlocker.com/Eastbay: Finance Intern
HawkJob Reference #: 61146
Rober WBaird& Co.: Compliance Internship (Year Round)
HawkJob Reference #: 61062
Communications & Investor Relations Summer Intern
- Research key investor-related issues in the health care, biotech and investment sectors;
- Provide succinct, strongly written materials for use with investors, stakeholders and senior management;
- Support the development and delivery of media relations documents including pitch emails, press releases, blog posts and op-eds;
- Communicate directly with senior management ahead of key events, including internal team meetings, earnings call, public events and media activities.
Revenue Assurance & Internal Controls Internship
Colony Brands, Inc.
As a Forecasting Intern you’ll be assisting with the analysis and development of seasonal forecasts and building out financial and buying plans to ensure we are maximizing profitability. You’ll develop & apply sales forecasting curves for catalog items through statistical analysis. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Determining initial estimates and quantities on catalog items to meet budgeted sales for each catalog
- Developing reports to show trend data by catalog, category, price-point, positioning, etc…
- Analyzing sales and profitability information for current catalogs and compare to historical results
- Performing daily forecast system tasks/updates as necessary to ensure we are in sync with the mainframe at all times
Participate in robust business line assignment that offers distinct ownership of deliverables more than clerical/administrative tasks. Gain exposure to business line through on-the-job experiences while contributing to real business needs. Complete a variety of project work to broaden knowledge of business and apply educational knowledge.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements. Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements including fraud, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Human Resources or Corporate Security, or can be reported through Associated’s anonymous Ethics Hotline.
Johnson Controls Inc.
Briggs & Stratton
- Assisting with monthly, quarterly and year-end closing processes
- Performing various monthly account analyses and posting journal entries
- Using Enterprise Wide software (SAP) to complete account analysis and reporting
- Executing various monthly system transactions
- Assisting with quarterly and year-end SEC reporting requirements
- Assisting with monthly, quarterly and annual internal reporting
- Assisting with and preparing schedules for annual financial statement audit
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as requested or required