What is the Summer Business Institute (SBI)?
The Summer Business Institute is a program to help students of color successfully transition from high school to college at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. The SBI enrichment experience promotes excellence and provides its participants opportunities to gain a competitive edge as they pursue a business degree and go on to hold leadership positions in the business community.
- Meet and become familiar with College of Business and Economics (COBE) faculty and staff
- Gain awareness of and early exposure to college classes
- Learn college success techniques
- Explore careers in business
- Learn about Corporate America and network with alumni of color
- Field trip to a business enterprise
- Become knowledgeable about the majors available with a business degree
- Exposure to living in campus residence halls and eating at dining facilities
- Attend Warhawks SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration), the summer orientation/advising/registration program
Students of color must be enrolled for the fall 2015 semester at UW-Whitewater with plans to major in business. Applicants with cumulative high school grade point averages between 2.50 or higher will be given priority. In addition, participants will be required to enroll in the SBI section of the New Student Seminar for fall semester 2015.
Program participation is free for those students who are selected for SBI.