Who should attend?
All aspiring athletic administrators (i.e. staff and students)
- Upper level undergraduate students interested in Sport Management/Athletic Administration
- Graduate students interested in Athletic Administration
- Current Coordinators, Directors, Assistant ADs, Associate ADs, Senior Associate ADs
- Aspiring Athletic Directors
- Open to faculty and campus administrators
- General Mitchell International Airport
- Dane County Regional Airport
There are blocks of hotel rooms reserved at the Baymont and Super 8 hotels in Whitewater, as well as Madison and Milwaukee-based options. The block will be released three weeks prior to the event. Please call to reserve your room and mention you are part of the Emerging AD conference.
- Baymont: (262) 472-9400
- Super 8: (262) 472-0400
- Courtyard Marriott - East Madison (608) 661-8100
- Courtyard Marriott - Milwaukee Airport (414) 747-4405
Whitewater Parking Information
Whitewater Dining Information
Emerging AD Mission:
Emerging Administrators Academy was developed to fill a gap in the professional development life cycle of Intercollegiate Athletic Administrators. Currently, there are several conferences which focus on professional development, but this Academy will focus on the skills current and emerging administrators will need to advance their careers.
Participants will be able to:
- Model successful strategies from top administrators within Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Assess which career tracks are best for their personal advancement.
- Understand how driving revenue can lead to the Athletic Director's Chair.
- Appreciate how student-athlete focused leadership leads to long term success.
- Understand the state of Division I Athletics within the Wisconsin region.
- Understand the opportunities that exist within Division II, Division III, and NAIA institutions.
- Appreciate the opportunities that exist within the NCAA's National Office and Conference Offices.
- Master interview preparation.
- Write an effective resume.
- Develop a 21st century social media presence for an effective job search.
- Select appropriate professional develop conferences for career advancement.