- College of Education & Professional Studies
- College of Education & Professional Studies Faculty and Staff Resources
- COEPS Curriculum Committee
- COEPS Curriculm Committee Agenda and Minutes
Minutes February 12, 2013
Minutes February 12, 2013
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL STUDIES
UNDERGRADUATE CURRICULUM COMMITTEE MEETING
FEBRUARY 12, 2013 MINUTES
- Roll: Present: Dr. John Zbikowski, Chair; Dr. Eileen Schroeder; Dr. Penny Portman; Dr. Todd Loushine; Jillian Smith; Tracy Arneson-Baker. Absent: SFC David Shono and Dr. Brooke Winchell. Guests: Dr. Susan Huss-Lederman, Dr. Julie Minikel-LaCocque, Susan Kidd, Dr. Glenn Steffen and Dr. Edric Johnson. Absent: Dr. Brooke Winchell and Dr. Scott Bradley.
- Approval of Agenda
On a Dr. Penny Portman/Dr. Eileen Schroeder motion, the agenda was approved.
- Approval of the minutes from December 11, 2012
On a Dr. Todd Loushine/Dr. Penny Portman motion, the minutes of the December 11 meeting were approved.
- Curricular/Action Items:
CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTION
Change in Major, BSE
On a Dr. Penny Portman/Dr. Eileen Schroeder motion, the above proposal was postponed until the March 12, 2013 meeting.
Change in Existing Course, CIGENRL/ESL350/550, Introduction to ESL and Bilingual-Bicultural Education, Syllabus
Change in Existing Course, CIGENRL/ESL354, Seminar in ESL
On a Dr. Eileen Schroeder/Dr. Todd Loushine motion, the above proposals were accepted with minor editorial changes.
HEALTH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, RECREATION, AND COACHING
Change in Degree, BSE
New Course, RECREATN423/623, Research and Evaluation in Recreation and Leisure Services
New Course, RECREATN361/561, Recreation and Leisure for Special Populations
On a Dr. Penny Portman/Dr. Todd Loushine motion, the above proposals were acccepted.
Change in major, BSE, Political Science Education
On a Dr. Eileen Schroeder/Dr. Todd Loushine motion, the above proposal was accepted.
- Information Items:
- New Admission Policy - Tracy Arneson-Baker
Discussion took place. Dean Heyning will attend the next curriculum committee meeting to explain further.
- It is strongly encouraged that the sponsor of a proposal follow their proposal through the College Curriculum Committee and the University Curriculum Committee until it has been passed. The sponsor is in the best position to respond to questions concerning their proposal and in expediting the approval process.
- New Business:
UW-Whitewater has a new Doctorate in Busines Administration (DBA) which has been approved.
UW-Stout will be proposing a new Doctor of Education (Ed.D) to the Board of Regents the week of February 3.
- Old Business: None.
On a Dr. Todd Loushine/Dr. Eileen Schroeder motion, the meeting adjourned at 9:15 a.m.