AVCT Integration & Support Technician - iCIT - 13688
The Instructional, Communication, and Information Technology (ICIT) Department of the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater is seeking an AVCT Integration & Support Technician.
The AVCT Integration & Support Technician is responsible for working with the Instructional Facilities Project Manager to design and plan classroom and instructional lab upgrade projects at UW-Whitewater. He/she will ensure that instructional AV technology meets current campus standards while maintaining and completing upgrades as needed. In addition, this person will be responsible for overseeing open Helpdesk tickets assigned to the Tier 2 AV team ensuring they are resolved in an accurate and timely manner. The AVCT Integration & Support Technician will report to the Instructional Facilities Project Manager.
70% A. Project Implementation (Equipment Specification, Installation and Configuration)
20% B. Equipment Maintenance and Ongoing Support
10% C. Professional Skills and Teamwork
- 3 years’ experience working with lab and classroom AV equipment including data projectors, sound systems, and other peripherals, and their interface to computers and networked systems.
- Ability to read, create, and modify drawings and schematics, preferably in AutoCAD.
- 1-2 years’ experience with AV equipment installation and maintenance, preferably in Crestron.
Highly Desired Qualifications
- 1-2 years’ experience with Crestron programming.
- Ability to create, modify, and deploy programming.
- Ability to train and manage incoming technicians or student workers.
- Ability to diagnose equipment problems and determine appropriate resolutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with customers, management, and peers.
- Ability to maintain thorough project documentation using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to climb ladders and lift at least 75 pounds.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments.
- Good organizational skills with a high degree initiative to learn new things, adaptability, and ability to work both collaboratively and independently to achieve goals.
For the full position description and to apply online, please go to UW-Whitewater External Applicants
. Complete applications received by December 28, 2017 are ensured full consideration. The Job ID is 13688.
Only complete application packages will be considered. A completed application package includes:
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for Three Professional References
For questions regarding the position please contact:
Who are you?
A potential applicant who is NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater External Applicants
A current employee of the University of Wisconsin System, click here: UW-Whitewater Internal Applicants
Before you get started with the online application process, we recommend you preview the frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the link below.Apply Online FAQs