General education provides the foundation for success in college, work and life. Rapid change, globalization and diversity are the hallmarks of today's world. The general education program ensures that all Warhawks have the opportunity to develop the intellectual and practical skills, breadth of knowledge and appreciation for interconnections among areas of study that employers and society expect of today's college graduate.
The goals of the general education program are to help students develop the skills and knowledge that are needed for success in our rapidly changing, increasingly diverse and interconnected world, including:
- Breadth of knowledge of human cultures and the natural world
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving
- Effective communication skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening)
- Information literacy
- Quantitative reasoning
- Personal and civic responsibility
- Foundations for life-long learning including personal health and well-being
For more information on the new General Education Learning Outcomes, which took effect in Spring 2016, please click here.