GRADUATE COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
|April 6 , 2006|
|PRESENT:||Paul Adogamhe, Leon Arriola, Bob Benjamin, Will Drago, Glenn Hayes, Max Hsu, Jim Larson, Denton Marks, Pete Mesner, Manuel Ossers, John Patterson, Anna Rettenmund, William Skelly, Diane Soles, Bambi Statz, David Van Doren (for Anene Okocha), S-A Welch (for Barbara Penington), Linda Yu, and John Zbikowski.|
|ABSENT:||*Marshall Anderson, Kathy Asala, *Erica Berry, Scott Bradley, David Gordon, Robert Gruber, Crista Lebens, Stephanie Miller, Andrea Musher, Steven Pence, Alvaro Taveira, Jennifer Thibodeaux, Tony Truog, and Chuck Zastrow.|
John Stone called to order the April 6, 2006 meeting of the Graduate Council at 2:20 p.m.
Noting no corrections or additions to the minutes of the February 2, 2006 meeting, Glenn Hayes moved, with a second from Bambi Statz, for approval. The motion carried.
- Summer 2006 enrollment is down approximately 57 FTE from the same time last year, with 38 of the 57 being graduate students. More specifically, the College of Education enrollment is down 24 FTE, while Business and Economics enrollment is down 20 FTE.
- The graduate assistantship awards are nearly complete for the 2006-07 academic year.
- John Stone thanked those members of the Council who attended the meeting with the Higher Learning Commission team back in March. The only concern the team had regarding graduate studies involves a policy describing the importance of dual-level courses and their role in graduate studies. A policy is already in place, but John will await the final report to see the specificity of their concern.
Information Only Items
Manuel Ossers moved, seconded by John Zbikowski, to approve items A-E of the Information Only items on the agenda. The motion was approved. Information Only items included:
(College of Letters and Sciences
- Curricular Action: Requisite Change, Course Revision, Description Change and Title Change from the Department of Psychology: PSYCH 646 FROM: Introduction to Clinical Psychology TO: Introduction to the Scientist-Practitioner Disciplines in Psychology.
(College of Business and Economics)
- Curricular Action: Course Deletion from the Department of Accounting: ACCOUNT 541: Intermediate Accounting I.
- Curricular Action: Course Deletion from the Department of Accounting: ACCOUNT 543: Intermediate Accounting II.
(College of Letters and Sciences
- Curricular Action: Course Deletion from the Department of Special Education: SPECED 730: Implementing Intervention for Infants & Toddlers with Special Needs.
- Curricular Action: Course Deletion from the Department of Special Education: SPECED: SPECED 740: Professional Skills Development in EC:EEN.
Will Drago moved, with a second by Glenn Hayes, to approve items A and B of the business items on the agenda. Don Zahn was present to explain the rationale for the two agenda items. With no further discussion, the motion carried. The items included:
- Curricular Action: New Course from the Department of Accounting: ACCOUNT 793: Practicum in Professional Accountancy.
- Curricular Action: Change in Degree: Masters in Professional Accountancy (delete 36 credit option – comprehensive exam required).
At 2:40 p.m., Paul Adoghame moved to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Max Hsu. The motion carried.