GRADUATE COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
|September 6, 2012|
|PRESENT:||Chris Calvert-Minor, Sang Choi, Andy Ciganek (for Paul Ambrose), Jeff Cook, Corey Davis, Will Drago, Manuel Ossers, Shannon Stuart, Kelly Witte, John Zbikowski, Wenquan Zhang, and Jianzhou Zhu.|
|ABSENT:||Paul Adogamhe, *Marshall Anderson, Leon Arriola, *Scott Bradley, *Shannon Cummins, *Glenn Hayes, Sarah Hessenauer, Thomas Jeffery, Kimberly Knesting, Denton Marks, *Pete Mesner, Amber Moulton, *Kim Naber, Carol Normand, Steven Sahyun, *Mark Schroeder, Lauren Smith, and *Gautam Wadhwa.|
|GUESTS:||John Chenoweth and Carol Elsen.|
The September 6, 2012, meeting was called to order at 2:15 p.m. by Dean John Stone.
Corey Davis moved, with a second by Will Drago, to approve the minutes of the May 3, 2012 meeting. With no comments or corrections, the motion carried. .
- The August 15th ten-year comparison of graduate enrollment report revealed that, although enrollment is down from the past few years, it is still the fourth highest record enrollment.
Information Only Items
Manuel Ossers moved, with a second by Kelly WItte, to approve the Information Only items A-E on the agenda. The motion carried.
- Curricular Action: Course Repeatability Change from the Department of Educational Foundations: EDFOUND 781: Foundations of Gifted and Talented Education
- Curricular Action: Title Change from the Department of Special Education: SPECED 700 FROM: Theoretical Foundations of Contemporary Practices in Special Education TO: Legal Foundations of Special Education
- Curricular Action: Title Change from the Department of Educational Foundations: LIBMEDIA 641 FROM: Computer Applications in Library and Media Centers TO: Information Technology in Schools and Libraries
- Curricular Action: Title Change from the Department of Educational Foundations: LIBMEDIA 751 FROM: Administration of Educational Media and Technology Programs TO: Leadership and Administration of Library & Technology Programs
- Curricular Action: Prefix Change from the Department of Educational Foundations: EDFOUND 752 Instructional Design FROM: EDFOUND 752 TO: LIBMEDIA 752
John Zbikowski moved, with a second by Sang Choi, to approve agenda items A and B on the agenda. The motion was approved.
- Curricular Action: Change in Emphasis: MSE-PD: Information, Technology and Libraries
- Change in Major: MSE-Special Education: Change the title of SPECED 700 in the List of Courses in the MSE-Special Education, Counselor Education and School Psychology Courses
Other Curricular Action
Next, Will Drago moved to approve the Other Curricular licensure items. Corey Davis seconded the motion Motion carried.
- New Licensure Program: Gifted Coordinator Licensure Program
- Change in Licensure program: 902 Professional Level License Change
With no other discussion items, Will Drago moved, with a second by Sang Choi, to adjourn the meeting at 2:27 p.m.