Graduation Application Information
Graduate ceremonies occur two times during the academic year, fall graduation in December and spring graduation in May. Both ceremonies are combined with the bachelor’s ceremony. Only August graduates have the option to participate in either ceremony. Students planning to graduate in a given term need to note certain deadlines and do the following:
- read the Graduation Application Information form;
- apply for Graduation Application: (log into WINS, click ACADEMICS>GRADUATION, then follow prompts);
- complete the Graduate Outcomes and Satisfaction Survey;
- submit a graduation fee of $45.
Graduate Certificate students must complete the Certificate Completion Form during the semester they expect to complete final course requirements.
- Before the beginning of the term in which the degree is expected, graduate students should have a conference with their adviser to be certain that all course requirements are being met.
Students my apply for graduation NO LATER THAN THE FIRST WEEK OF THE SUMMER SESSION or NO LATER THAN THE SECOND WEEK OF THE SEMESTER IN WHICH THE STUDENT PLANS TO GRADUATE. Late submissions of these forms may result in the student not being able to graduate until the next term.
- At the discretion of the individual degree programs, the following options may be made available to graduate students:
- Thesis Option: a minimum of 30 credit hours of course work, including a thesis taken for one to six credits.
- Applied Research Project Option: A minimum of 30 credit hours of course work, including completion of an applied research project course for one to six credits.
- Comprehensive Examination Option: A minimum of 30 credit hours of course work, including a comprehensive examination.
- Course Work Option: A minimum of 36 credit course of course work.
Preparing a Master’s Thesis