Congratulations! We are excited to welcome you to our campus. Here are the steps that you need to take to fully become a WarHawk:
Your campus email is the main way we will be contacting you. Check it regularly so you don't miss out on important information and reminders. To set up your email, follow the steps below:
1. Open this link and click the login button on the left side of your screen.
2. The page you are then brought to requires you to enter your username and password. Your USERNAME is your NetID that was provided on your acceptance letter. Your PASSWORD will be your 7-digit ID number.
3. On the next page, you will either click the widget to change your password or you will be automatically prompted to change your password. Choose a personal password that you will use to access all accounts at the University, especially your campus email.
4. Once you change your password you will then be able to access the email portal off of our main webpage at uww.edu (it is located in the top right-hand corner) by using your NetID and new password.
5. Check your email every day for updates and information.
After we have informed you that your I-20 or DS-2019 is on its way, arrange for an appointment with the nearest US consulate.
More information for degree-seeking students here: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/guide-to-studying-in-the-states
More information for exchange students here: https://j1visa.state.gov/participants/
Your I-20 or DS-2019
I-20 or DS-2019 is your agreement with the US Department of Homeland Security and/or US Department of State that outlines your reason to be in the United States and that you are responsible for knowing and obeying federal immigration requirements. Please review all aspects of the form before signing to ensure that you agree to and are able comply with all related immigration regulations.
· You will need I-20 or DS-2019 to apply for and obtain a visa to the United States.
· You should have your I-20 or DS-2019 with you to show to the Customs Officer when you enter the United States.
· You should carry your I-20 or DS-2019 with you at all times while in the United States.
· You should keep all your I-20s or DS-2019s as documentary evidence for future US visas.
Submit your signed housing contract here: http://uww.edu/housing/assignments/housingcontracts. Contracts are available Oct 1 for the next Fall start. You will need to submit a signed deposit form to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must attend the orientation. Apart from learning a lot of useful information about your new home, you will also get to meet other students and support staff.
Register for orientation here: https://international.uww.edu/
Log in to Canvas with your NetID and password at https://www.uww.edu/canvas.
You must arrive no later than the day before the orientation.
UWW closest major airport is Chicago O’Hare (2 hour drive). There are a number of busses each day that go from Chicago O'Hare to Janesville, WI. Students may take a Lyft or Uber from Janesville, WI, to Whitewater.
You can also fly into Milwaukee's General Mitchell airport. There are fewer transportation options from General Mitchell to Whitewater.
Do not forget to pack in your carry-on luggage: