UW-Whitewater Student Statement of Responsibility
You are responsible for your own safety abroad. UW-Whitewater generally:
- Cannot guarantee the safety of participants or eliminate risk from study abroad.
- Cannot monitor the daily personal decisions, choices and activities of individual participants.
- Cannot prevent participants from engaging in illegal, dangerous or unwise activities.
- Cannot assure that U.S. standards of due process apply or provide or pay for legal representation for participants.
- Cannot assume responsibility for the actions of persons not employed or otherwise engaged by the program sponsor, for events that are beyond the control of the sponsor or subcontractors, or for situations which arise due to the failure of a participant to disclose pertinent information.
- Cannot assure that home-country cultural values will apply on the program when these differ from those of the host country.
STUDY ABROAD DEADLINES
UW-W Application Deadline – Oct 15th for Spring study or March 15th for Summer and Fall study.
If you are ready to start your journey abroad, make sure to look at the UW-W Steps to Study Abroad.