In This Section...
Online BBA Admissions
UW-Whitewater admits students until we have reached our maximum number of students for the academic year. We recommend submitting your application before December 1.
Fall Semester - July 15
Spring Semester - December 1
Summer Semester - May 1
Admission in Good Standing
The program offered by the College of Business and Economics includes the junior- and senior-level courses required for the general business major. Lower level requirements (as described below) and electives may be completed at other institutions, including UW-Colleges, and/or UW-Whitewater's other course offerings.
To be eligible for the junior- and senior-level online business courses, students must meet the following requirements:
- Have completed 54 or more credits*
- Have completed or will be completing in the next semester: English 101 and 102 (Freshman English), Speech 110, Math 143 (Finite Math for Business and Social Sciences), Economics 201 and 202 (Micro- and Macroeconomics), Accounting 244 (Intro to Financial Accounting) and either 249 or 341 or 342 (Managerial or Intermediate or Cost Accounting), Economics 245 (Business Statistics) and the computer applications requirement.
- Have a combined cumulative grade point average of 2.80 or better**
*If you have not completed 54 or more credits, you may contact the College of Business and Economics for advising on what those
- 54 credits should include and your options for enrolling in the proper courses.
** If you have a gap of five or more years in your college education, contact the assistant dean of the college for more information: (262) 472-4900
Transfer Student Application Process
UW-Whitewater accepts the common application shared by the entire UW System. For your application to be considered "complete" and ready for a decision, you'll need to also provide the following:
- Official copies of all post-secondary school transcripts sent by the institutions
- Official copies of your high school transcripts, including a graduation date
- $44.00 application fee*
To qualify** as a transfer students must have:
- Completed at least 12 credits that will transfer to UW-Whitewater
- Earned a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher*** (based on a 4.0 scale)
*The application fee is not required if your last institution attended was a UW College (freshman/sophomore) campus.
**Students who do not have 12 or more transferable credits will be evaluated for admission using their high school credentials, including an ACT/SAT test score, to determine admissibility.
**Please note that certain programs may require higher grade point averages for admission.
Freshmen Application Process
You can apply to UW-Whitewater any time after September 15 of your senior year in high school for the following fall semester (nearly a year in advance).
UW-Whitewater accepts the electronic application shared by the entire UW System. For your application to be considered "complete" and ready for a decision, you'll need to also provide the following:
- Official copies of your secondary school transcripts sent by the high school
- School Counselor authorization forms (final portion of the online application)
- $35 application fee (can be submitted electronically with the application)
- Official ACT/SAT standardized test scores should be submitted as soon as possible