Ask a complete question, like "How do I obtain my transcripts?"
HOW TO MASS ASSIGN STUDENTS TO STUDENT GROUPS
1. Sign in to WINS.
2. Click on Records and Enrollment.
3. Click on Career and Program Information.
4. Click on Process Student Groups
5. Click "Search" and select the Run Control you wish to use. It may be necessary at Add a Run Control
6. Choose External File from the Selection Tool dropdown. (**See Notes for file information**)
7. Click "Upload File", Click "Browse", Navigate to your file. Click "Open", Click "Upload".
8. Under File Mapping Click the Magnifying Glass button and Select STUDENT GROUPS.
9. To preview the list of students from your file Click "Preview Selection Results", Click "Return" to return to the Mass Assign page.
10. Enter the Student Group code in the Student Group Field. Use the Magnifying Glass button to look up the code if necessary.
11. Enter the Effective Date of the student group. This will typically be today’s date.
12. If adding students to a student group Select Active for the Effective Status. If removing students from a student group Select Inactive.
13. Click "Run". The Server Name should be PSUNX. Click "OK".
14. Select "Process Monitor" to monitor the status of the Mass Assign process.
15. Click "Refresh" as necessary to update the status information.
See How Do I? View Student Groups by Student if you would like to verify the success of the Mass Assign student group process.
- The Student ID number should be in the first column and have a header row titled ID.
- The file needs to be a comma delimited file. In Excel you can choose “.csv” as a file ending by doing as Save As. The Helpdesk can assist you if you need more details.