Latino Students Program
The Latino Student Programs is dedicated to serving the Latino students at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater through academic advising, general assistance in adapting to university life, and by creating a safe space for Latino concerns. Our bilingual staff is here to support Latino students in their academic, social and cultural experience at the university. Latino Student Programs also encourages long-term planning for students in order to prepare them for graduate school or job placement. The mission of Latino Student Programs (LSP) is to assist students in achieving their acadmic goals, engage and inform the university about Latino culture, and improve the overall graduate rate of Latino students by providing academic and personal counseling, as well as creative, innovative and cultural support.
- Study Tables - Students are provided with the opportunity to study together and share ideas and resources. Students are encouraged to utilize the tutorial center for academic help.
- Social & Academic Activities - Latino Student Programs hosts and sponsors many social and academic events related to Latino culture such as Latino Heritage Month, Latino Lecture Series, Dia de los Muertos, Cesar Chavez Celebration, Latinos in Higher Education Symposium, United States Hispanic Leadership Institute (USHLI) Conference, and much more!
- Academic Advising - Provides secondary academic advising for Latino students such as course selection and major and minor changes.
- Financial Resources - Martha V. Ortiz Scholarship and John W. Ebbott Scholarship
- Latinos Unidos
- Dream Scholars and Colleagues