Native American Support Services
Native American Support Services (NASS) provides academic advising and tutoring, as well as financial counseling to Native students. NASS works to improve experiences and increase opportunities during school and after graduation. NASS helps to relieve some of the academic and financial stresses of college life while keeping students informed of valuable research and internship opportunities that will benefit each student in their future.
- Financial Resources - Encourages students to apply for the State Indian Grant and the Lawton Grant. NASS also provides students with research opportunities including proposal development and identification of a faculty mentor.
- Academic Advising - NASS provides students with academic advising and serves as a liaison to other academic offices and assure that Native American students are connected to resources they may need. NASS also encourages students to seek out career preparation and developmental opportunities such as the Hawk Career Fair, NEON Corporate Fair, Minority Career Day, etc.
- Academic Activities - Provides cultural events and guest lectures that address the cultural and social concerns of Native American students.
- Study Tables - Students are provided with the opportunity to study together and share ideas and resources. Students are encouraged to utilize the tutorial center for academic help.
- Native American Cultural Awareness Association