Purpose of Site
Handshake is an effective way for regional employers to promote their vacant positions to UW-Whitewater students. The purpose of including off-campus employers on this resource is to provide a list of employers and job opportunities that students could participate in while they are enrolled and taking classes at UW-Whitewater.
Here are the guidelines that have been established for what is posted on Handshake:
- Location is within the region during the academic year. Job opportunities should be reasonably "commutable" for students enrolled in classes during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Jobs out of the region are acceptable during the summer months and winter break.
- Clearly indicate the employing organization's name in any employment opportunity information.
- Jobs will not require prospective employees to purchase products/services contigent upon their employment.
- We will not post positions in private homes or with private individuals.
- Employers must not have been judged by a court of law in the United States as being engaged in illegal activities.
- We will not post jobs involved in strikes and hiring for positions which are included in the affected bargaining units.
- We will not post jobs in the adult entertainment industry.