TEXTBOOK RENTAL POLICIES & GUIDELINES FOR FACULTY
- Textbook Rental requests are now made via the on-line requisition system through the UW-Whitewater Bookstore homepage. An e-mail will be sent out well in advance of the due date for term information with preliminary instruction on where to start and how to proceed. If no information is received, no shelf tag is generated for the course, enrollment/inventory is not checked and there may not be a sufficient number of texts for all the students. For these reasons it is extremely important that all course information is entered correctly. Information may also be submitted via e-mail but must include the course number, section(s), the author, title, edition and ISBN of the book(s) required.
- New book requests require submission of a Textbook Rental New Book Order form. This form is available by clicking on the blue link above and printing out copies as needed. The form can not be completed on-line as it is not a PDF file. The form should be completed manually, then signed by both the instructor and the department chair before being sent or delivered to the Textbook Rental.
- New books requested for courses must be used for a minimum of three years. It is best to choose current books rather than books that are already well into their edition cycle to avoid the title going out of print before the three year commitment has been fulfilled.
- Books that change rapidly (i.e. tax accounting; annual editions, etc.) do not fit into the rental system and should be considered as books to be purchased from the Bookstore.
- Faculty are no longer able to use the Textbook Rental as a source of desk copies. Desk copies must be requested from the publisher or obtained by the instructor at his/her own expense.
- Questions regarding rental books should be directed to Mike Lema at email@example.com or via phone at 262-472-5637.