Essential Learning and Assessment Review Committee (ELARC)
The committee was established in 2011 as an administrative committee to discuss assessment data and other indicators related to student achievement of the UW-Whitewater baccalaureate learning outcomes (essential learning outcomes) and make recommendations to improve teaching, learning, and assessment. Academic colleges, student affairs, and other campus units send to ELARC their executive summaries of assessment data and other indicators of learning related to student achievement of the baccalaureate learning outcomes. Members of ELARC distill findings into a report of highlights and recommended actions. The report is shared across campus to complete the cycle. Via the reports received from units, ELARC archives notes about campus progress in meeting the recommended actions.You can learn more about ELARC by exploring the committee's website.
Membership (All are voting members)
- Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
- Director of Academic Assessment
- Coordinator of General Education
- College of Arts & Communication representative, appointed by the Dean
- College of Business & Economics representative, appointed by the Dean
- College of Education & Professional Studies representative, appointed by the Dean
- College of Letters & Sciences representative, appointed by the Dean
- College of Integrated Studies representative, appointed by the Dean
- College of Graduate Studies & Continuing Education representative, appointed by the Dean
- Representative from the General Education Review Committee
- Representative from the Audit and Review Committee
- Representative from the University Assessment Committee
- Representative from the Academic Development Committee
- Representative from the Academic Staff Assembly
- Representative from the Andersen Library
- Representative from the Classified Staff Advisory Council
- Representative from Institutional Research & Planning
- Two students appointed by Whitewater Student Government
A member of the committee elected annually by a vote of committee members. The Chair may vote on any committee actions.
Please contact the committee chair, Katy Casey (email@example.com), for a list of current members.