Step 1: Plan
Tips on how to find a mentor
- If there is a particular class or professor that you connect with? That is always a great place to start! Reach out to them about research ideas to find a potential mentor!
- Check out the departments in the College of Letters & Sciences if there are any current research projects that are of interest to you.
- Search through other colleges and programs of study to find a potential professor or area of interest
- Utilize our online database found here.....
Tips on how to find a research topic
- Is there any topic within your major that you would like to know more about?
- Ask your department chair what types of research projects that are happening within your field of study.
- Check out some examples of past student undergraduate research here.
How Do I Join?
• If you are a Freshman or Sophomore, you can join our Research Apprenticeship Program during the Fall semester to get familiar with research in your field. Check out our "RAP" tab for more information!
• If you are ready to dive into your own research idea, take a look at all of the opportunities in the “Student & Mentor Programs” tab to see which program may suit you.
• It’s a great idea to talk with a potential mentor about your research idea and get those ideas flowing! You can also talk to the URP staff for assistance (firstname.lastname@example.org).