Healthy communities and health-related innovations will be the focus of an upcoming communications event.
The UW-Whitewater Communication Department is sponsoring the second-annual Corporate and Health Communication Symposium.
The event runs from 8:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. Thursday, April 24 in the University Center Old Main Ballroom. It will feature more than 15 corporate, healthcare and nonprofit experts who will share knowledge on a range of healthcare topics. The day will give students a deeper insight into potential careers and a chance to learn from panels of industry experts.
Christina Jones, a communications professor, will delver a keynote address at 9 a.m. and will share her research about hunger.
Panel sessions at 9:30 and 11 a.m. will hit a variety of issues, including public health, nonprofit innovations, employee wellness and nutrition.
• Sue Konkel, Jefferson Public Health: Public health
• Amy Venables O'Neil, PADA: The non-profit community
• Geralyn Dorn, St. Colletta's: The non-profit industry
• Jim Scharnell, Quality Catering: Nutrition
• Jerry Curtin, Standard Process: Employee wellness
• Amanda Krentz, Ambrose Health Center: Health and fitness
• Kathy Price Taylor, patient advocate: Importance of her growing field
• Tom Karthausser, UW-Whitewater: Sustainable Campus Gardens
• Jeanine Fassl, Optimist Club: Innovations in the non-profit world
• Molly Wiederholt, Epic: Health and corporate software and the innovations in training
• Angie Alesci, Aurora Healthcare: End of Life
• Donna Bembenek, YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee: Innovations in the non-profit world
• James Arnett, Meriter Hospital: Careers and jobs
• Jim Pernau, Edgerton Hospital: Sustainability as an innovation
• Josh Fishburn, UW-Whitewater: Innovations in gaming
For more information, contact Bill Lowell at email@example.com 262-472-1286 or Julie Ridgeman at firstname.lastname@example.org 262-472-1034.