WELCOME to the Virtual Lab for students! With Virtual Lab, you can access many of the software packages offered in the General Access Labs remotely from your own computer whenever and wherever you are computing with high-speed internet connection. Click on the software tab at the top of this page for a full list of software available through the Virtual Lab.
To join the program, take the following steps:
- STEP 1: Checked the minimum requirements for your home computer or laptop, which must have one of the following:
- Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit Home, Enterprise, Professional and Ultimate
- Windows XP 32-bit Home and Professional SP3
- Windows Vista 32-bit Home, Business, Enterprise and Ultimate SP1 and SP2
- Mac OS 10.6.8 or higher
- STEP 2: Load the software by following the directions provided in the link below. If off-campus, follow the additional steps to connect to the VPN provided in the directions. (Please note: whatever printer is set as your local default will be added to the virtual session.)
If you have issues or concerns please contact the TSC Helpdesk at 262-472-HELP(4357) or via email at email@example.com.
Installing VMWare Horizon Client:
Connecting to UWW Virtual Lab:
Virtual Lab Software
The following software can be accessed any time of day via the UW-Whitewater Virtual Lab.
- SPSS 22
- Mathematica 7
- Matlab 2014a
- VLC Player
- Microsoft Office 2013
- Sony Vegas 11
- Peachtree Accounting 2010
- Lockdown Browser
- Google Chrome