We strive to help our diverse student population eliminate financial obstacles so that they may succeed in their academic endeavors. You can use this site to learn about application instructions and deadlines, download forms, and learn about financial aid resources. For questions, view our FAQ or email us.
Once you've been accepted to UW-Whitewater, the next step is to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Information from the FAFSA is used to determine eligibility for institutional, federal and state financial aid programs including grants, scholarships, student loans and college work-study.
THREE Step Process:
1 Fill out the FAFSA! The priority filing data for the FAFSA is March 1st of each year; however, if you miss the priority deadline, you may apply throughout the academic year. The application is available at www.fafsa.gov. UW-Whitewater's federal school code is 003926.
2 Turn in any required documents! New students will receive a letter and continuing students will receive an email indicating any documents which must be submitted. Students may also check the To Do list on WINS. Some students may be selected for a process called verification. To inquire about the status of the student's application for aid, contact FAO at (262) 472-1130 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and student ID with your inquiry.
3Review and Accept your Award! New students will receive a paper award letter and continuing students will receive an email. Log into WINS to review and accept the aid.
News & Updates
- Need help understanding your 2016-2017 award letter? Review the information on this page or contact our office.
- Haven't received your 2016-2017 award letter? Check your To Do list in WINS for required documents. Any required forms can be found here.
- Need help obtaining tax transcripts? Check out the Verification page for information!
- The 2016 Summer Application is available.
- The 2016-2017 FAFSA is still available. The first F in FAFSA stands for FREE! UW-Whitewater does not endorse any company which requires payment for help filing the FAFSA. If you need help, please contact our office!
- Students and parents both need an FSA ID to sign the FAFSA and log into other Department of Education websites. Important: Do not share your FSA ID with anyone. Parents and students must each create their own FSA ID, using separate email addresses.
- Parents looking for additional funds to help their student should consider a PLUS Loan. UWW utilizes the online application process for these loans, available by clicking here. Parents sign in using their FSA ID to complete the process and receive an instant credit check decision. 2016-2017 PLUS Loan applications are now available. Be sure to choose the correct aid year when completing the application!
- Interest rates for Federal Direct Loans can be found here.
- If your loans have not yet disbursed for spring 2016, be sure you have completed all loan requirements.
- If you have not already done so, you can sign up for electronic deposit of refunds.
Need help managing your money?
Check out CashCourse for tips on:
- Creating a budget
- Dealing with credit card debt
- Protecting your credit
- Planning for your financial future
Under the "Students" section, click "Register Now" to create an account.