How to choose a Major:
Explore the resources below to help you narrow down some majors you may be interested in.
- Areas of Interest Survey:
- This survey should be paired with the Exploration Packet so you can explore which UW-W majors relate to an area that interests you.
- My Major in Navigate:
- The Major Explorer feature in the Navigate Student app (also accessible at uww.navigate.eab.com) is another tool to help you explore best-fit majors based on your interests and goals. The document below will give you information on how to use the feature within the navigate app.
- Exploring O*Net
- O*Net is a website dedicated to career information sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration. Identify your own interests and skills through assessment tests and interest inventories. Learn about job duties, education and training, outlook and pay. The document below will help walk you through how to use the O*Net.
Once you explore these resources:
- Review the Example Semester Layout section of the Exploration Packet.
- Set up a meeting with an AAEC staff member to discuss your results by calling 262-472-4646 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other helpful tips:
- Explore student groups and organizations and try one that feels right for you.
- Shadow or interview someone working within a desired career field.
- Write a list of questions to ask during a job shadow or informational interview.
- Check out the list of Undergraduate Programs to see what majors are available at UW-Whitewater.
- Meet with college or department contact person to learn more about majors within your area(s) of interest and related careers.