The Institute for Sales Excellence, along with the sales curriculum housed in the Department of Marketing, offers UW-Whitewater students the opportunity to participate in service and programming opportunities without regard to major or background. Through co-curricular, extra-curricular, and outreach programs the Institute provides an excellent opportunity for experiential learning and active participation. Because success in the sales field is contingent on forming strong personal and business relationships, personal and professional integrity is a key element of the Institute's mission.
Through increased emphasis on learning initiatives, the Institute also expects to assist in the personal and scholarly development of faculty and staff. The Institute through its programming activities will serve as a strong resource for the business community. Programs scheduled for 2012-2013 include:
- Sales Internship Program
- Sales Roundtables
- Interview Program
- Job Shadowing
- Sales Certificate Programs
- Workshop Series/Training Programs
- Speaker Series
- Student Organization Connections
- Sales Competition
- Regional Conference
In support of the mission of the College of Business and Economics and the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater, the Institute for Sales Excellence seeks to become the preeminent sales institute/center in the Midwest. The Institute will prepare ethically responsible students of the highest caliber, create strong relationships with industry, and serve as a valuable regional resource.
The mission for the Institute for Sales Excellence aligns closely with UWW's LEAP initiatives
- The Institute for Sales Excellence will create opportunities for hands-on learning experiences while developing the marketability of our students.
- The Institute for Sales Excellence will develop strong collaborations between faculty and business, offering opportunities for professional development, faculty internships, and scholarly/practitioner research.
- The Institute for Sales Excellence will serve as a regional resource for businesses and organizations, by providing graduates, business training, and networking opportunities.