UW-Whitewater at Rock County Apply Now »

Campus Life

Campus Resources Student Housing

Rock County Campus students who wish to live in the residence halls on the Whitewater Campus should contact University Housing »

Athletics and Recreation Athletics and Recreation

UW-Whitewater at Rock County competes against other colleges and technical schools throughout the state, check them out »

Student Organizations Student Organizations

UW-Whitewater at Rock County offers extracurricular activities and services to students. Find out more »


Welcome Rock County students, faculty, and staff!

For Bookstore information click here.

For Textbook Rental click here.



University Bookstore

724 W. Starin Road

Whitewater, WI 53190


University Bookstore for Rock County

2909 Kellogg Ave.

Janesville, WI 53546

The Rockin' Grill is located in the Hyatt Smith Hall Commons area and is open on class days for meals and snacks. A variety of soups and hot entrees are available, as well as prepared salads and sandwiches. A made-to-order menu is also available most days with a tasty selection of hot sandwiches, quesadillas and more.


  • Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
  • Friday: 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. 
  • Closed during academic break periods and summer.


Soda, juices, milk, snacks and other items are available from vending machines located in lower level lobbies of Williams Hall, Hyatt Smith Hall and Wells Cultural Center.

Most resources for faculty and staff are housed in the " For Employees" section of the UW Colleges website. However, there are a few specific resources and services for employees: 

Accessibility Services

UWW Rock County strives to meet the needs of all our students. Direct questions about accessibility services to Ali Potratz, Disability Services Coordinator at the UWW Rock County campus. Additional information about accessibility services may be found by visiting the Center for Students with Disabilities »

Emergency Grant »

Health & Wellness

The University provides a range of services to support student health and wellness including alcohol and drug education and counseling services.
Students who aren't already covered by a family member's policy are encouraged to sign up for health insurance.


Housing is available on the UW-Whitewater campus. UWW Rock County does not own or operate on-campus residence hall facilities. While many students attending our campus live at home and commute, there are also a number of students who reside in locally owned apartments or houses. Students interested in exploring local housing options are encouraged to view housing listings in the classified section of The Janesville Gazette, the Community Shoppers Inc., or by contacting local real estate agencies.

Adult Students

UWW Rock County welcomes adult students. At UWW Rock County, we've helped lots of adults achieve their goals and dreams. Whether you seek a new or enhanced career, want to take a course for intellectual enrichment or something in-between, you can do it and we can help.

Solution Center

The Solution Center provides comprehensive assistance to prospective and current students in the areas of admission, financial aid, advising, orientation, placement testing, disability services, tutoring services and student activities.Advisors are available to help students learn about, degree options, majors, academic requirements, and the process of transferring. Help is also available in assessing career goals, planning a return to school, adjusting to academic life, or other areas of concern relevant to beginning or returning to college.

Student Handbook & Policies

As a UWW Rock County student, you have certain rights and responsibilities respecting your relationship with your fellow students and the University. The rules, regulations and policies you will find in this booklet are intended to foster an environment of mutual respect for you and your fellow students and to enhance the educational environment of your campus. Here you will find information about federal and state laws, UW System and UW Colleges regulations, policies and procedures that pertain to you and your life on campus.

Policies and Resources | Student Handbook


Students can purchase textbooks, school supplies, course materials and more at the UWW Rock County bookstore. Visit the store's website to learn more.

Voting Guide

Voting is both a right and a responsibility for an engaged citizen. UWW Rock County encourages everyone to exercise the right to vote.A photo ID will be required at the polls for upcoming elections. Most UWW Rock County students will still be able to use a Wisconsin driver's license or State of Wisconsin ID, which already meet voter ID requirements. Free Voter ID cards can be obtained by UWW Rock County students at the Solution Center. 

UW-Whitewater Votes

UWW Rock County may at times use photographs, audio, and/or video recordings of employees and students for purposes of education, publicity, and student recruitment on behalf of the university, via the Internet, print publications, and other media.

Public Spaces & Events

Please be advised that images and videos taken in public spaces and/or at public events do not require authorization for publication. Your presence in or around college facilities and/or properties, as well as at off-campus university-sponsored events, constitutes your consent to the capture and/or use of your image and/or voice by UWW Rock County and waives any claims or rights, whether in law or in equity.

Please contact UW-Whitewater University Marketing and Communications with any questions regarding photo usage and photo opt-out options.

Safety Reports and Statistics »

Emergency System Alerts »

Sexual Misconduct Information (Title IX) »

Severe Weather

If you choose not to attend class due to weather conditions, please e-mail your instructor. Please keep in mind that if you miss class, you are responsible for making up the work. The campus can only be closed by order of the chancellor or governor.


The HawkCard is your student ID and an essential part of campus life at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and the University of Whitewater-Wisconsin at Rock County campuses. Your HawkCard should be carried with you at all times. Each card includes the following information of the authorized user:

  • Name
  • Status with the University (student or staff)
  • A digitized Photo

You will be able to take your photo and receive your HawkCard at the Warhawk Solution Center on the UWW Rock County campus

For more information about your HawkCard visit the UW-Whitewater HawkCard webpage.

Campus Location

2909 Kellogg Avenue
Janesville, WI 53546

Admissions Office

Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Roseman Building 2060 
800 West Main Street
Whitewater, WI 53190-1791

Follow us

Facebook  Twitter   

Request Info