We are excited that you are ready to join the Warhawk Family.
To reserve your spot, just follow the steps below:
1) Set up your UW-Whitewater email and check it often
Your campus email is the main way we will be contacting you. Check it regularly so you don't miss out on important information and reminders. To set up your email, follow the steps below:
1. Using this link, you will click the login button on the left side of your screen.
2. The page you are then brought to requires you to enter your username and password. Your USERNAME is your NetID that was provided on your acceptance letter. Your PASSWORD will be your 7-digit ID number.
3. On the next page, you will either click the widget to change your password or you will be automatically prompted to change your password. Choose a personal password that you will use to access all accounts at the University, especially your campus email.
4. Once you change your password you will then be able to access the email portal off of our main webpage at uww.edu (it is located in the top right-hand corner) by using your NetID and new password.
2) Start your housing contract
Please use your student ID number (located on your admissions letter) to gain access to the housing contract, available Oct. 1, 2017. Due to the high demand for on-campus housing, we recommend you submit your signed housing contract along with the $125 housing deposit as soon as possible. You will have the opportunity to select a Learning Community (March 1, 2018) and be matched with a roommate at a later date. uww.edu/housing/assignments/housingcontracts
3) Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
The FAFSA is available at fafsa.ed.gov starting Oct. 1, 2017, with a priority deadline of Jan. 1, 2018. For students who complete the FAFSA and submit all their required documents by Jan. 1, award letters will start to go out on Feb. 1.
4) Register for placement testing
Registration for the University of Wisconsin System placement testing begins Feb. 1, 2018. All incoming freshmen are required to take a Math Placement Test to determine initial math placement. Students who do not take the MPT will not be able to register for a math course, or any course with a math prerequisite. We recommend that students with previous foreign language coursework (Spanish, German or French) take the appropriate placement test(s). Students will be placed in English courses based on their ACT English sub-score/SAT Reading Test sub-score or previous college-level coursework. Please visit the Center for Placement Testing for more information: testing.wisc.edu/centerpages/regionaltesting.html
5) Register for Plan-It Purple and pay the required fees
Plan-It Purple is the way you register for classes and how we set you up for success on campus. You'll have several dates to select from when you book this mandatory orientation. If you are beginning classes in fall 2018, you will be able register beginning on March 1, 2018. Log into your WINS account to complete your registration, at which point you will need to pay your nonrefundable new student fee and enrollment deposit. Visit First Year Experience for more information: uww.edu/fye
We can't wait to welcome you to the Warhawk Family!
If you have any questions about the next steps, please call the Admissions Office at 262-472-1440.