Occupational and Environmental Safety and HealthOffice Location:
Timothy J. Hyland Hall, Room 3505Phone:
Dr. Buchman is an Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator of Safety Internships in the Occupational and Environmental Safety and Health Department at the University of Wisconsin Whitewater where she teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in occupational safety and health, fire safety, and emergency management. She has thirty years of professional practice, research, and teaching in the field of Safety and has been the principal investigator for the WisDOT Bureau of Transportation Safety (BOTS) annual Click it or Ticket it (CIOT) seatbelt grant since 2017.
- DHA, 2009, The University of Phoenix
- MS Occupational/Industrial Safety Studies, 1994, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- BBA Human Resources Management, 1991, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- SAFETY 375 Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
- SAFETY 380 Introduction to Occupational Safety
- SAFETY 388 Occupational Safety and Health Standards and Applications
- SAFETY 485/685 Fire Prevention/Protection
- SAFETY 492/692 Fieldwork Internship in Safety
- SAFETY 498 Independent Study
- SAFETY 710 Healthcare Safety
- SAFETY 712 Disaster Planning
- SAFETY 789 Readings and Research in Safety
- SAFETY 798 Individual Studies
- Master Exercise Practitioner (MEP)
- Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP)
- Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP)
- Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA)
- Certified Hazard Control Manager (CHCM)
- State of Wisconsin Fire Inspector I
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Healthcare Safety
- Disaster Management
- Occupant Protection
- American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP), Professional Member
- Advisory Board Member, the University of Illinois at Chicago Occupational and Environmental Health and Safety Education and Research Center (Illinois ERC)
- Review Editor, Editorial Board of Disaster and Emergency Medicine, Frontiers in Public Health
- UW-Whitewater Cabinet EOC Administrative Committee member
(2021) Does driver seat belt use increase usage among front seat passengers? An exploratory analysis, Journal of Safety Research
. Vol. 78, pgs 170-179. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsr.2021.05.005 Buchman, T.
, Kashian, R., Cliff, S., (2021) Maternity Ward Deserts in Wisconsin, 2011 and 2017, Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy
. 51(2): 38-48.Kashian, R.D.
, Buchman, T.
and Drago, R.
(2021), "Tornadoes, poverty and race in the USA: A five-decade analysis", Journal of Economic Studies
, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/JES-06-2021-0287
Kashian, R., Buchman, T.
, & Peralta, K. (2020). After the hurricane: Economic adversity, bank offices, and community banks. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction
, 101846. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijdrr.2020.101846