The Campus Assessment, Response and Evaluation Team, known as the CARE Team, is a group of staff
members from various departments who meet regularly to assist students experiencing difficulty and to help ensure the safety of our campus.
What Does the CARE Team Do?
CARE Team members meet on a regular basis to do the following:
· Review critical campus incidents
· Develop intervention strategies to assist students in crisis (faculty/staff as needed with HR)
· Develop protocols and proactive ways to address recurring student issues
· Discuss campus trends that may impact student safety, services, programs and general campus life
· Make recommendations to campus staff or faculty as appropriate
The group places a high priority on balancing a person’s right to privacy with the university’s duty to respond to people experiencing difficulty or expressing at-risk behavior. The CARE Team’s primary objective is to connect students with the support and resources they need to be healthy and productive members of our campus community. Though the team’s primary focus is assisting students, assistance is provided for faculty and staff members when needed.