New Student Seminar
More than 90% of the freshman class at UW-W enrolls in the New Student Seminar.
Why? Freshmen who take this course are more likely to return for their sophomore year and have a higher graduation rate than those who don't take the course.
Get set to jump start your academic career as a Warhawk! Register for the New Student Seminar (INTRAUNV 104) a course designed to help first year students make a successful transition into university life. This one-credit class will help you
CONNECT with the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Become familiar with student services that support your transition to the university.
- Explore personal, academic and career goals.
- Reflect on personal values and identity and recognize the diversity of our campus community.
ACHIEVE academic success
- Develop critical and creative thinking skills.
- Practice effective and appropriate communication skills.
- Examine the purposes of higher education and the value of a liberal education.
SUCCEED in a changing world
- Learn and apply strategies for personal success, academic success and lifelong learning.
- Understand your rights and responsibilities as a student and community member.
- Recognize the personal, social and environmental impact of your choices.
When you meet with your academic adviser at Plan-It Purple ask for the New Student Seminar. You will be glad that you did!