Light Recital Hall
Dr. Raymond E. Light served a Music Department faculty member at UW-Whitewater from 1954 until he retired in 1982. He became the Director of Vocal Music and established the Concert Choir, which is among the best in Wisconsin. Dr. Light was the founding Dean of the College of Arts, and in 1971, he supervised the design and the completion of the Greenhill Center of the Arts.
Dr. Light proved to be an outstanding teacher, receiving the W.P. Roseman Excellence in Teaching Award in 1968. He passed away on February 14, 1994, and shortly after, his family established three scholarships in his name. The scholarships are awarded every year in art, music, and theatre.
Greenhill Center of the Arts
Spring 2017 Building schedule (with weekend closures)
Film Screening Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o
- University Center Room 259 A & B: This documentary film by Dr. Ndirangu Wachanga is fre...
Sonict presents ANCIA Saxophone Quartet
- Light Recital Hall: Celebrated for its artistry, virtuosity and exquisitely blended sou...
Jim Messina with band
- Young Auditorium: It’s no stretch to call Jim Messina a music icon. As one-half of the ...
Whitewater Symphony and Chamber Orchestras
- Young Auditorium: The Whitewater Symphony Orchestra is the flagship orchestra at UW-Whi...
Art Shay Photographs Exhibit
- Crossman Gallery: Art Shay PhotographsOctober 22 – November 17Opening Reception: Thursd...