- University of Illinois at Chicago May 2011 Doctor of Philosophy in Curriculum Studies
- University of Illinois at Chicago May 2006 Master of Education in Instructional Leadership
- Ball State University May 1998 Bachelor of Architecture Bachelor of Science in Environmental Design Minor in Fine Arts, Specialization in Sculpture
- University of Wisconsin – Whitewater (UWW) August 2012 – Present
Assistant Professor of Mathematics Education
- Finlandia University August 2010 – May 2012
Assistant Dean, Suomi College of Arts and Sciences; Assistant Professor of Elementary Education
- University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Education
Adjunct Professor / Teaching Assistant June 2008 – May 2010
- Chicago Public Schools Sept. 2004 – June 2010
Teaching (University of Wisconsin – Whitewater):
- Teaching Mathematics in the Elementary/Middle Grades, ELEMMID 425
- Middle Level STEM Methods, CIGENRL 490
- Capstone Project Seminar, EDUINDP 789
- Capstone Advising 1: Project Planning and Review of LIterature, EDUINDP 726
- Field Study Supervision
- Student Teaching Supervision
- Living the questions. (in press). Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishers.
- Integrated, Holistic, and Core Subject Matters. (in press). In M. F. He, B. D. Schultz, & W. H. Schubert (Eds.), The Sage Guide to Curriculum in Education. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Forsaking. Cultural Studies – Critical Methodologies. (in press). Special issue: Critical Arts–Based Inquiry: The Pedagogy and Performance of a Radical Ethical Aesthetic.
(2014). Sealy springs. Qualitative Inquiry. Advance online publication. doi:10.1177/1077800414542705
(2014). Object lesson. Journal of Curriculum Theorizing, 30(1), 46-50.
(2014, March). Here, we are never here. Qualitative Inquiry, 20(3), 341-343. doi:10.1177/1077800413489271
(2011, January). Creating the real. Curriculum Inquiry, 41(1), 132–142.
(2008, December). Living hymns and iterations. Qualitative Inquiry, 15(6), 1526–1539.