IT Security Tips
- NEVER SHARE YOUR PASSWORD!
- Use strong unique passwords and change them often.
- Keep your software versions up to date.
- Use anti-virus software. Download Symantec here:
- Lock your computer or device when you are away from it.
- Don’t click on links in emails from unknown senders.
- Beware of unknown browser pop-ups or links. They often contain malicious software downloads.
Phishing Email Traits
- Misspelling and bad grammar
- Suspicious links within the email
- Threats or rewards - e.g. your account will be closed or you’ve won a prize
- Spoofing popular websites or companies
- An urgent call to action – e.g. you must act now
Mobile Device Tips
- Password protect your phone
- Read vendor privacy policies before downloading apps
- Don’t store sensitive data that isn’t needed. This includes confidential data in your email account that auto-syncs with your phone
- Do not auto-login or store passwords on your phone
- Encrypt your phone
- Be wary of wireless networks and service connectivity
- Try mobile antivirus software or scanning tools
- Use GPS tracking wisely
- Be physically aware of your mobile device