James R. Connor University Center
HawkCard Office

HawkCard Office

Adjust your Meal Plan

Enroll in a Meal Plan
Cancel a Meal Plan
Enroll in My Meals
Change a Meal Plan

Add Purple Points

To Student Bill
Deposit With Credit/Debit Card

Add Additional Dining Dollars

(Must have meal plan or My Meals)

To Student Bill

HawkCard, Purple Points and Dining

The HawkCard Office is here for you! We are your one-stop shop for ID cards, meal plans (both student and faculty/staff), and Purple Points information. You can purchase a meal plan, deposit money into your Purple Points account, get a replacement HawkCard and check your balances. We strive to make your life safer and more convenient!

Click here for HawkCard and Purple Point Terms and Conditions.

Why do I need a HawkCard?

  • Proof of association with the University
  • University ID Card
  • Residence Hall Access Card
  • Meal Plan/Dining Dollar Card
  • Purple Point Debit Card
  • University Library Card
  • Textbook Rental Card
  • Admission to UW-W Athletic Events
  • UW-W Fitness Center ID Card (with paid membership) 

The HawkCard photo ID card is the property of UW-Whitewater, is non-transferable, and does not guarantee current university status. Fraudulent use or reproduction of a UW-Whitewater ID card violates Wisconsin criminal statutes and will be referred for prosecution.

The card is an essential part of campus life at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and should be carried with you at all times. Each card includes a digitized photo of the authorized user and following information:

  • Name
  • Status with the University (Type of student or staff)
  • University Identification Number (7 Digits)

To receive your HawkCard, one of the following forms of government-issued photo identification must be presented except when received at Warhawks SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration):

  • Driver's License
  • State Identification Card
  • Passport
  • Military Identification card

Lost and Found Cards

Any ID card that is found should be immediately forwarded to the HawkCard Office at the University Center (UC 250). Anyone looking for a lost card can call (262) 472-1437 to see if the card has been turned in.

If you lose your card: Report your lost card immediately to 262-472-1437 to suspend activity on your account.
*Cardholder must request reactivation at the HawkCard Office in person.

You may also create an Online HawkCard Office account and suspend activity straight from your phone (as well as other features).
*Please follow this link: https://hawkcard-sp.blackboard.com/eaccounts/AnonymousHome.aspx                                               
*To suspend your account, click on "Card Services" on the top banner after logging in.

Your First HawkCard

The first HawkCard is free to all new students, faculty and staff. Students, you will receive your HawkCard in the mail 5-10 business days after your SOAR (Warhawks SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration)) day. Faculty and staff, you will receive your HawkCard when you stop at the office to have your picture taken.

Replacement HawkCards

A replacement card will be provided at no charge under the following circumstances when your old HawkCard is turned in:

  • Name change (must be verified with Registrar/WINS)
  • Change of university status (i.e., student to staff)
  • Defective card (at the discretion of HawkCard Office staff)

All other replacement cards will require a $25 replacement card fee.

How To Extend The Life Of Your HawkCard

The technology that makes your HawkCard work includes an antenna, electronic chip, and magnetic stripe. These are embedded into the card when it is manufactured. There are three primary reasons for your HawkCard to stop working on electronically controlled doors:

  • Damage to the antenna or damage to the bond between the chip and the antenna will destroy the card.
  • Exposing the card to electro static discharge (ESD) can damage the integrated circuit.
  • Strong magnetic fields can wipe out the programming on the card's chip.

Your HawkCard is intended to be used strictly for access control and identification purposes, including meal plans, Purple Points and other specific uses at UW-W. When HawkCards fail, it is frequently the result of unintentional abuse by the card holder.

Below is a list of common actions that damage a card:

  • Machine washing the card by accident when it is forgotten in a pocket of a shirt or pair of pants.
  • Exposing the card to extreme heat (direct sunlight on the dash of your car, clothes dryer or iron).
  • Punching a hole or slot in the card.
  • Using the card as an ice scraper for the windows of your vehicle.
  • Bending, twisting or crimping the card.
  • Exposing the card to chemicals including organic solvents, thinners, mineral spirits, alcohol, isopropyl, ethanol or methyl.


The HawkCard Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m during the school year and 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. during the summer. Extended office hours are provided at the beginning of each semester. If you have any questions not addressed on this web site, please call us at (262) 472-1437 or send us an email at The HawkCard Office

Purple Points Listserv

Sign up for the Purple Point email list! Be informed of important dates, new locations and other useful information related to Purple Points and meal plans! Fill in the boxes below to be added to the list.

For Faculty & Staff

Your UW-W ID Card, call the HawkCard, is the all-in-one campus ID card and serves as:

  • University Library card Textbook Rental card
  • Optional "MyMeals" plan and "Staff Purple Point" card
  • Optional "Fitness Center" membership card.

Back to Top