In this Section
How to Write an Appeal for Reinstatement
- Accurately and completely fill out the 'Personal Information', 'Academic Information' and 'Involvement Information' sections. Note: students can always access their academic information on WINS, provided that their password has not expired (please contact the Computer Help Desk at 262-472-4357 if you experience problems accessing your WINS account).
- Fill out the 'Academic Deficiency' section as clearly and specifically as possible. If you are a student that has struggled academically in previous terms or institutions, you should address these on-going issues. Also, provide a clear and detailed explanation of how you plan to improve your academic performance and the services and resources that you will utilize.
- Include documentation of any extenuating circumstances that contributed to your poor academic performance.
- Provide additional documentation that is pertinent to your appeal (i.e. letters of recommendation from faculty or staff members). Note: this is not a requirement.
- Review your appeal before submission to make sure that it is free of grammatical and spelling errors. Note: this will not be held against you in the appeal process, but it makes it easier for the Committee to review and understand your appeal.