Warhawks SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, & Registration)
Once admitted to UW-Whitewater, one of your next steps is to participate in a Warhawks SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, & Registration) program. All SOAR programs for fall 2021 students will be held virtually. During Warhawks SOAR you will:
- Learn important information about campus to help you prepare for your education at UW-W
- Connect with an academic advisor to discuss your academic options
- Register for classes
- Meet other new Warhawks
Warhawks SOAR is required for all new students to enroll in classes. When you register for Warhawks SOAR, the non-refundable $90 new student fee and a $100 enrollment deposit is due. If you wish to defer these fees to your first semester bill, please complete the fee deferment request.
Warhawks SOAR dates for first-year students starting in Fall 2021:
June 2, 4, 8, 10, 14, 16, 18, 22, 24
SOAR registration is now open!
Registration closes 4 business days before the program date to allow enough time to process the student's account.
- Starting March 1st, log into your WINS account: uww.edu/wins
- Click on the Warhawks SOAR tile under "Student Home".
- Complete the registration process. Your registration is not complete until fees have been paid or the deferment form completed.
- For instructions on how to register for Warhawks SOAR, click here.
Virtual Warhawks SOAR program:
Complete details about the virtual Warhawks SOAR process will be emailed to you approximately 10 days prior to the date for which you register. Here's a bit of what to expect:
- Complete an online orientation module before your SOAR date
- Participate in these required virtual sessions on your SOAR date:
- 9-9:45am: Welcome and Hawk Squad Small Group session (students only)
- 10-10:30am: College Connections session (students and families)
- Between 11am-4:30pm: Academic Advising appointment (students only). Appointment will be scheduled for you 2 days before your SOAR date.
- All sessions will be posted and accessed through the UW-Whitewater app. Complete details including the online orientation module link will be listed in the instructional email you'll receive 10 days before your SOAR date.
- Pending safety restrictions, an optional in-person experience will be offered in July/August. Details will be provided during SOAR.