Warhawks SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration) for Transfer Students
Once admitted to UW-Whitewater, one of your next steps is to participate in a Warhawks SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, & Registration) program. SOAR programs for fall 2021 students will be virtual. During Warhawks SOAR you will:
- Learn important information about campus to help you prepare for your education at UW-W
- Connect with an academic advisor to discuss your academic options
- Register for classes
- Meet other new Warhawks
Warhawks SOAR is required for all new students to enroll in classes. When you register for Warhawks SOAR, the non-refundable $50 new student fee and a $100 enrollment deposit is due. If you wish to defer these fees to your first semester bill, please complete the fee deferment request.
Warhawks SOAR dates for transfer students starting in Fall 2021:
April 16, May 7, June 29, July 30
SOAR registration is open now!
Registration closes 4 business days before the program date to allow enough time to process the student's account.
- Starting March 1st, log into your WINS account: uww.edu/wins
- Click on the Warhawks SOAR tile under "Student Home".
- Complete the registration process. Your registration is not complete until fees have been paid or deferment request has been submitted.
- For instructions on how to register for Warhawks SOAR, click here.
Virtual Warhawks SOAR program:
Complete details about the virtual Warhawks SOAR process will be emailed to you approximately 10 days prior to your SOAR date. Here's a bit of what to expect:
- Complete an online orientation module before your SOAR date
- Participate in these required virtual sessions on your SOAR date:
- 9-9:45am: Welcome and Hawk Squad Small Group session (students only)
- 10-10:30am: College Connections session (students and families)
- Between 11am-4:30pm: Academic Advising appointment (students only). Appointment will be scheduled for you 2 days before your SOAR date.
- All sessions will be posted and accessed through the UW-Whitewater app. Complete details including the online orientation module link will be listed in the instructional email you'll receive 10 days before your SOAR date.
- Pending safety restrictions, an optional in-person experience will be offered in July/August. Details will be provided during SOAR.
UWW Email Address
Your UW-Whitewater email address is your formal communication with the university. All bills, notifications, confirmations and emergency updates will be sent via email, so be sure to check your UW-W email often! We encourage you to install it on your smartphone. Your username is your Net ID which was included on your admissions letter. The first time you log-in, your password is your 7 digit student id number.
If you have been informed that you need to take a placement test please contact the UW-Whitewater Testing Office at 262-472-5613.